Probably the most popular USB Wi-Fi repeater for the Ryze Tello is the Xiaomi Mi 2. However, since you need an extra app for the Xiaomi Repeater and additionally a registration with Xiaomi is necessary, I prefer the Pix-Link USB Repeater.
The Pix-Link Repeater is identical to the Richer-R and the Bewinner Repeater. In this tutorial, I’ll show you step by step how to set up the Pix-Link Repeater.
- Ryze Tello – Link zu Amazon
- Smartphone – Link zu Amazon
- Pix-Link Repeater – Link zu Amazon
Alternatively: The identical Richer-R or Bewinner Repeater
Step 1 – Start repeater
- Start the Pix-Link Repeater by supplying it with power. To do this, connect the repeater to a power bank.
Step 2 – Connect Tello
- Starte die Tello über den Powerbutton auf der Seite vom Gehäuse.
- Connect the Tello to the network from the repeater. When delivered, the network is called WiFi-Repeater.
Step 3 – Connect your smartphone
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings and connect to the network WiFi Repeater.
- Open a browser on your smartphone.
- Enter the IP address 192.168.10.1 and open the start page of the repeater.
- Log in with the default user data.
- Click on Repeater.
- Now select the network WiFi Repeater and click on Apply.
- Your smartphone now connects to the Pix-Link Repeater.
Now your Tello, the repeater and your smartphone are ready for the first flight.
How to set up the Xiaomi Mi 2 Repeater, I’ll show you in this tutorial – Setting up Ryze Tello Xiaomi Mi 2
Are you looking for other Wi-Fi repeaters that are compatible with the Tello, check out this post – Ryze Tello Wi-Fi Repeater 2019